Dear Aunt Becky,
Just a quick one… can I block a site from looking me up. I was checking out my stats (well… my blog stats) and found, much to my utter horror, that some porn site in Russia is sending quite a bit of traffic my way.
Now I’m all for traffic but I don’t know if I want some porno Russian reading up on my life… how do I do the Internet Protect thing?
It’s my NAME! I’m Working Mom… BUT NOT THAT KIND OF WORKING MOM, you Russian Nit! I’m a Mom that works… at a job… full time… Maybe I should just change my name… But I’ve always been Working Mom…
Oh, Dear Prankster, do I feel your plight. Here, let me show you:
But this, this is taken from the Band Back Together stats thingy I use and there’s a zillion more like it. Now, Mommy Wants Vodka? Perhaps that would make sense. But Band Back Together is like, um, GOOD shit, and my blog, well, let’s be honest with ourselves here.
Now, I don’t ever block IP addresses. And if I did, it would require much hand-wringing and teeth-gnashing before I gave it over to The Daver.
But I’m going to do my best to help you. I will assume you run Windows Vista Firewall or Norton Anti-Virus Firewall. Let’s start with Norton, because I like the name better.
How To Block an IP Address if You Run Norton Internet Security:
- Open Norton Internet Security and hit, “settings, under the field “internet.”
- Hit, “advanced settings: configure” under “smart firewall. “
- Hit “general rules: configure,” and the button, “add.”
- Choose button, “block” and hit “next.”
- Choose, “connections to and from other computers,” and hit “next.”
- Choose, “only computers and sites listed below.”
- Hit, “add” and type the IP address you’re blocking in the space.” Hit “okay” then “next.”
- Hit “next” two times as the default settings are fine.
- Give this firewall a nice name, like, “Russian porn,” and hit, “next” then “finish” to block this IP Address from stalking you again.
Then buy Aunt Becky a nice cup of coffee (read: vodka).
Blocking IP Addresses From Windows Vista:
- Login to the admin account in Windows vista and hit “start.”
- Type in “firewall,” and hit, “windows firewall with advanced security” located under “programs.”
- Choose “inbound rules” on the left side of the firewall window.
- Choose “custom” then hit “next.”
- Choose “all programs” and hit “next.” And hit “next” again.
- Choose “these IP addresses” in the area, “remote IP addresses.”
- Hit “add” and type your Russian Porno site’s IP address in that area.
- Hit “OK” then “next.”
- Choose “block the connection” then hit “next.”
- Type in a nice descriptive name for this firewall rule (Russian Porno Site) and hit “next,” then “finish” to block ’em.
- Choose “outbound rules” on the left side of the firewall window and repeat steps four through ten.
Then buy Aunt Becky thirty cups of coffee or at least one.
Good luck, Prankster. And if it’s any consolation, they’re probably NOT reading your archives.
Dear Aunt Becky,
How come in your new schmantzy pants website you no longer link to We Know Awesome? Also, what on earth are schmantzy pants? I think I made up a word. By pants I mean underwear as I am English btw!
Ah, Prankster, I’m glad as hell you pointed it out. I’d thought there WAS a button up for We Know Awesome and seeing that it’s not sent me into a “THAT’S BULLSHIT,” rage. Having my designer work something up so we can fix this.
Thank you for letting me know!
Dear Awesomest Aunt Becky;
I have been dating a man for 4 years, after being divorced for 1. Every 6 months or so he decides that he has “loving feelings” towards me but he doesn’t have desire for me physically. So we break up, during which time we fuck like bunnies.
So we admit that we are really still together and go back to being BF/GF. So we are in yet another “slump” and I’m not sure what to do. Do I tell him that I am done with this even though I love him to death as does my 6 y/o son? Or do I wait it out knowing he’ll swing back the other way soon enough?
Thanks for your advice!
Oh Lisa, I’ve been with That Guy before and he kinda sucks. But he’s kinda awesome, too.
So here’s my advice: do you like this limbo? Do you like not knowing whether you’re going to be dating or not? Can you handle the back and forth of it all? Is it worth it?
Because if the answer to any of those is, “no,” I’d suggest moving on. Love or not, you deserve someone who loves and desires you all of the time, not someone who keeps you in limbo.
That’s just my two cents. Which probably make zero sense.
Dear Aunt Becky,
Wanted to know where my shirt was! I ordered one of your awesome shirts and it hasn’t arrived! HALP!
Oh Prankster, you made my day. I love it when you guys buy my shirts. Because I think they’re full of the awesome.
I spoke with my shirt guy (who currently stocks my stuff) and he’s mailing out a number of the shirts on Monday. They screen print the shirts and I know they’re done now, so, you know, thanks for your patience.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t get it by Wednesday of this week (or so).
And send me a picture of yourself wearing it for my Gallery of Awesome Shirts! Doing something wacky, you know? I like wacky. And if you have a blog, send me the URL so I can add it.
What do you think of a “Mommy Drinks Because You Cry” shirt?
As always, Pranksters, please pick up where I left off in the comments! And tell us your creepiest stalker IP addresses.
OH and stalker stories. I love stalker stories.