1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Juggled two mortgages. Eventually sold House #1.
And no, we are not moving in 2007. Not if I can help it. Unlike my husband, I am not a nomad.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I have never really made a resolution for New Years. Not because I don’t believe in resolutions themselves, but because I can never think of something that I will be sure that I will do in the new year. And I don’t want to feel guilty for not completing them later on. I have enough guilt.
I didn’t resolve to, but I quit smoking this year. Next year, I’m sure I’ll resolve to lose the baby weight. But I won’t resolve to do it on January 1.
3. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A second son. And a million dollars. Because, really, how else can I paper a room with dollar bills or get a Grill?
4. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Maintaining my sanity (stop laughing).
5. What was the best thing you bought?
My bumble-bee house. I freaking love my house.
6. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Daver’s. He has not killed me yet. He is also 99% of the reason that I have maintained my sanity.
Benner’s. He has made my life eversomuch better every single second of every single day. Mushy? Maybe. True? Absolutely.
7. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
8. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My ultrasound. Finding out that I am having a healthy baby boy.
Moving the fcuk back outta my parents house (we moved there in January for a month while we waited to close on our house). Sweet Jesus. That was awful.
Getting over (mostly) hyperemesis gravidarum.
9. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Slow Down Baby.
10. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter: But I do have a parasite now.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer.
11. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Stopping to smell the flowers.
12. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about things I cannot control.
13. What was your favorite TV program?
Law and Order: Criminal Intent. My husband, Vincent D’Onofrio is super-sexxy, even if y’all are haters.
14. What was the best book you read?
The Curious Incident of the Dog and the Nighttime.
15. What was your greatest musical discovery?
By far the best album I bought this year was “Back to Basics.”
16. What was your favorite film of this year?
I’m really not much of a movie person. I rarely see movies in the theater. Of the three I saw this year, the best was:
17. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had a nice BBQ with some good girlfriends that I haven’t seen much since. I miss them.
I got wasted on Cosmos and champagne.
Then I got pregnant. So, I got a Hot Beef Injection for my birthday. BOO-YEAH.
18. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Eschewing the horrible habit that I picked up from my husband: worrying about things over which you have no control. I have since stopped. It’s neither fulfilling nor does it help.
19. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Pregnant and itchy?
20. What kept you sane?
21. What political issue stirred you the most?
To wear underwear or to freeball it?
22. Who was the best new person you met?
I didn’t meet anyone interesting this year. At least, not that I can remember.
23. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
“Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your life. The most interesting people I know didn’t know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives. Some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still don’t.”
24. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“Everybody’s talkin’ all this stuff about me, why don’t they just let me live? I don’t need permission, make my own decisions, that’s my prerogative”